Thank Quality Manager
Core Molding Technologies – Columbus, OH Plant
Duties and Responsibilities: The Quality Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring Core Molding is meeting and exceeding the quality expectations of our customers. They supervise a team of quality engineers who support our key customers on quality and program management.
They work closely with their team of quality engineers and plant operations leaders from production release to drive quality activities, reliability validation, and yield enhancements. Using quality systems, root cause analysis, and advanced problem solving skills, they are responsible for ensuring that Core products are produced to customers’ expectations.
- 1. BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, Quality or Mechanical Engineering
- 2. 10+ years in a manufacturing environment, preferably in mid-volume mixture of automation and manual operations supplying the automotive or heavy truck industry
- 3. 5+ years of engineering leadership experience in an automotive or heavy truck manufacturing environment
- 4. Demonstrated progressive track record of engineering leadership accomplishments
Required Skills and Experience
- 1. Expertise in quality systems and tools to include Shainin, 6 Sigma, etc.
- 2. Extensive problem solving and root cause analysis skills (5 Whys, 8Ds, A3s, etc.)
- 3. Expertise in program management and automotive program launch and APQP process, FMEA and Control Plans
- 4. Highly technical with the ability to understand customer specifications, blueprints, and GD&T
- 5. Deep understanding of the molding of composite materials
- 6. Demonstrated expertise in Lean Manufacturing systems
- 7. Expertise in developing and implementing Poke Yoke systems
- 8. Advanced mechanical aptitude with and understanding of manufacturing techniques and practices
- 9. Advanced planning and decision making skills
- 10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 11. Ability to lead high performing work teams
- 12. Advance knowledge of TS16949 or ISO9001 quality systems
- 1. Hands on approach to leadership
- 2. High energy, assertive, and highly developed sense of urgency and action orientation
- 3. Strong analytical skills
- 4. Self-starter, independent but able to function in a team environment
- 5. Knowledge of CAD, Solid works a plus
- 6. Ability to travel approximately 10%
- 7. Experience with Microsoft Project or similar project management tool
- 8. Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
Core Molding Technologies is a Tier 1 supplier of fiberglass reinforced Class A parts to the heavy truck, automotive, and marine industries. Core is publicly traded on the NYSE and employees 2,000 in 7 locations throughout North America, including 400 in Columbus. Highly competitive compensation to include quarterly profit sharing and funded 401k + match. Relocation assistance is available.